KSTF believes teachers should be the primary agents of educational improvement. To the best of our knowledge, no one is using the Networked Improvement Community model to support teachers themselves as the primary agents of educational improvement. That’s why this initiative is so exciting. In affiliation with KSTF, we expect that the participants in Project ASCENT will:
- identify pressing, ubiquitous problems in STEM education;
- study those problems in depth within local contexts;
- develop and test solutions to problem components;
- synthesize and analyze data from local contexts;
- generate knowledge essential to improving the teaching profession and informing policy;
- and share knowledge gained with the broader field.